About the Nutrition Coach role:
At Nutritional Freedom, the Nutrition Coach is the champion of client care and the NF philosophy. Your days are primarily spent holding space for our clients, supporting their growth through conversations and resources, and celebrating their success.
We’re open to conversations around part-time or full-time work. Our priority is getting the right person to join our team in this awesome role to support our incredible clients. This position reports to our Operations Lead and collaborates closely with CEO.
This is perfect for you if you are:
- Compassionate, empathetic, and encouraging. You’re skilled in supporting clients as they navigate the tough emotions and challenges that come up on their journey. You’re tactful in delivering loving nudges when a client is ready to hold herself to a higher standard too.
- Results-oriented. We’re here to help our clients achieve the results they desire. You’ll help guide our clients to success and share those quantitative and qualitative wins with the team.
- Creative. You naturally think outside the box when it comes to serving our clients and supporting the business. Have an idea for a new worksheet, resource, or podcast episode? Awesome. Let’s bring it to life.
- Organized and independent. This is a dynamic role with a lot of autonomy. It’s up to you to manage your time well and maintain order in your work as you meet and exceed expectations.
- Flexible. We’re a start-up so we’re growing, changing, and seizing the right opportunities as they come up. While we do so thoughtfully and responsibly, it can definitely feel fast-paced.
- Open to giving and getting feedback. You’re open to real time feedback from clients and team members, take it in thoughtfully, and make change as needed. And, when something is on your mind, you know how to deliver it with respect.
- Someone who loves being part of a much bigger picture. We’re building something big here at NF. We’re looking for someone who’s along for that ride and wants to grow with us.
There are lots of perks when working at Nutritional Freedom:
- Work from home nearly all of the time. (If you live in Austin, it may be more like 90%.) No commute? Leggings as your work wardrobe? Oh yeah.
- By and large, you’ll be in charge of your own schedule. As long as you’re meeting and often exceeding expectations, client needs, and making good on deliverables, you do you.
- We love to develop our team members. If there’s a course you want to take or an area of the business you want to learn more about, we’ll do our best to make it happen.
About Nutritional Freedom:
We’re on a mission to help women ditch diets and get healthy for good through technology-enabled coaching, community, and curriculum.
- Be courageous. Disrupt with integrity.
- Intentional, creative growth.
- Community focused.
- Radically genuine.
- Nurture diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Coaching & clients:
- Provide 1:1 coaching sessions with NF clients
- Prepare for 1:1 coaching sessions by reviewing client reports, forms, and relevant lab data to provide appropriate recommendations
- Deliver progress notes to clients following each 1:1 session
- Refer out to other specialists or practitioners when appropriate
- Lead 1-2 group coaching calls a week
- Track client participation and progress; follow up in case of client lapse
- Participate in weekly Client Success meetings with NF Coaching Team
- Support curriculum development and content creation for NF courses as needed
- The secret code is banana
- Support the creation of free downloadable content
- Support new client enrollment efforts
- Show up on NF marketing platforms (Instagram, Facebook, podcast) to provide value, education, and inspiration 1-2 times a month
- Share client wins and testimonials with Marketing Team
- Collaborate with Operations to brainstorm and schedule group call topics
- You tell us! How do YOU want to grow with NF and as a practitioner?
Opportunities for future growth:
From this role, candidates can grow into leadership positions within the company, eventually growing to oversee the Coaching Department and/or the coaching certification arm of the business.
You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or a related field OR an Associate’s Degree plus 2000 hours of related wellness experience (sports medicine, health coaching, etc.)
Preferred Credentials & Experience:
- RD or NTP preferred
- Experience in/with:
- Intuitive Eating
- Health at Every Size
- Trauma-informed care
- Group counseling
- Eating disorders/disordered eating
- Women’s health and hormones
- Functional nutrition
Fill out this form. Upload your resume and note minimum compensation requirements. Simply let us know what you need to make so we can start the conversation from a place of transparency.
Upload a video (no more than 4 minutes in length) on why you’re the perfect fit for the role. This is optional but highly recommended.
Add the secret code to your application. If you don’t have the secret code, read this job description again.
We believe that Black Lives Matter, we stand for LGBTQIA+ rights, and we are actively investing in and working to build an equitable, inclusive, anti-racist company from the inside out. We encourage you to apply if you share those values.
Questions? Send an email to hello [at] nutritionalfreedom [dot] co